The Food Cargo Inspection Body Recognition (IBR) Programme aims to establish a network of third-party inspection bodies recognised by SFA. These inspection bodies are recognised for their capability to support the export, transhipment and re-export needs of the food industry. The Food Cargo IBR Programme also serves to ensure that the inspection activities performed by recognised inspection bodies are effectively carried out.
SFA-recognised inspection bodies can be engaged to support the NZ-SG-EU meat transshipment route currently and meet the food cargo inspection needs of the food industry i.e. in-house quality inspection, inspection for export certification.
Key criteria for third-party inspection bodies to meet in order to be recognised by SFA include:
- Accreditation to ISO/IEC 17020 by the Singapore Accreditation Council covered under the scope of recognition;
- Appointment of an authorised examiner under Singapore’s Wholesome Meat and Fish Act (Chapter 349A);
- Fulfilment of on-site verification by SFA (compliance with stipulated requirements) and foreign Competent Authority where required; and
- Completion of mandatory training courses on inspection competency
Application / Renewal
Application / Renewal Requirements
To successfully apply or renew your status as a recognised inspection body, the applicant needs to meet the following key requirements of the Food Cargo Inspection Body Recognition Programme:
1. Have local inspection facilities to support the programme
2. Be accredited by the Singapore Accreditation Council (SAC) to the ISO/IEC 17020 standard and Technical Note CI 01
SFA will assess the application and recognition will only be granted to inspection bodies that meet the Food Cargo IBR Programme requirements.
Application / Renewal Process
The following flow diagram depicts the general application and renewal process:
Application / Renewal Resources
^ Third party inspection bodies seeking new application/ renewal of recognition may submit a request for the Terms & Conditions documents via SFA’s online feedback form. Under category, select ‘Other enquiries or feedback’.
Recognised Food Cargo Inspection Bodies
SFA is currently working on the recognition of the third party inspection bodies. The recognised inspection bodies will be listed here once available.