Food Safety Awards
The Food Safety Excellence Awards was introduced in 2005 by the now-defunct Agri-Food and Veterinary Authority (AVA) to recognise food factories which have consistently maintained high standards of food safety through the years.
Criteria for the awards are as follows:
Food companies with single food premises
||20 consecutive years of 'A' Grades
||15 consecutive years of 'A' Grades
||10 consecutive years of 'A' Grades
||5 consecutive years of 'A' Grades
|Certificates of Commendation
||2 consecutive years of 'A' Grades
The 'A' Grading refers to the grading system for the Food Factory Grading Scheme. More details can be found in Overview of Food Establishments in Singapore.
Food companies with multiple food premises of the same processing activities:
These criteria are applicable to food companies with additional premises conducting the same food processing activities as an expansion of the business.
- All premises will be awarded based on the category of award achieved by the original premise provided that all the additional premises have achieved 'A' grading since their inception for at least 5 consecutive years.
- If any one of the premises fails to fulfill the requirements mentioned above, each premise will be treated as an individual single food premise and will be awarded individually based on the category of award they have achieved.
- These criteria do not apply to food companies with additional premises acquired through merger. Under this circumstance, each premise will be treated as an individual single food premise and will be awarded individually based on the category of award they have achieved.
List of Award Recipients
Food Safety Awards 2018
Food Safety Awards 2017
Food Safety Awards 2016
Food Safety Awards 2015
Food Safety Partnership Scheme
As part of our efforts to encourage the food industry to set higher standards in food safety assurance and take a more proactive role in educating the public on food safety, the Food Safety Partnership Scheme was introduced by the now-defunct Agri-Food and Veterinary Authority (AVA) in 2003. The Food Safety Partnership Scheme serves as a platform to give recognition to food manufacturers and supermarket operators who have displayed commendable food safety assurance and food safety consumer education efforts in Singapore.
Food Safety Partners
Our Food Safety Partners are:
- Abbott Nutrition Singapore
- Chop Hup Chong Food Industries Pte Ltd
- Cold Storage Singapore (1983) Pte Ltd
- Fassler Gourmet Pte Ltd
- Leong Hup Food Pte Ltd
- Nestle Singapore (Pte) Ltd
- NTUC FairPrice Co-operative Ltd
- SATS Ltd
- Seo Eng Joo Frozen Food Pte Ltd
- Tai Hua Food Industries Pte Ltd
- Thong Siek Food Industry Pte Ltd
- Wyeth Nutrition (Singapore) Pte Limited
Benefits of being a Food Safety Partner
- Public Recognition: A visible way to show a company's commitment to the well-being of Singaporeans and assure the public of the safety of their products.
- Use of Food Safety Partnership Logo: A Partner can use the food safety partnership logo on their publicity materials as well as on their product packaging.
- Company's Interest: It is the direct interest of a company to ensure that consumers are effectively educated in food safety and are able to appreciate the real food safety risks. Illnesses resulting from mishandling and contamination of food by consumers could be wrongly blamed on a company.
- A company that qualifies as a Food Safety Partner must be a food manufacturer or supermarket, has a good food safety record and meets the criteria of the Scheme.
- The criteria for assessing the performance of a company will include the following:
- Practise self-regulation by adopting and maintaining food safety assurance programmes. Such programme will ensure the safety of the food offered to the consumers.
- Educate consumers on food safety risks and precautionary measures to reduce these risks, especially by partnering SFA in the Food Safety Awareness Programme.
- The criteria will be used to assess the performance of a company in Singapore over the past 2 years.
- A company’s status as a Food Safety Partner will be reviewed after 2 years.