Post-Harvest Technology for Fish, Meat & Poultry
Singapore is developing and expanding its seafood processing industry due to it being strategically positioned around major fishing countries in Southeast Asia. Singapore is now a highly automated and high capacity fish product manufacturing business industry, catering for both domestic demand and export to the US, EU and Australia.
To learn more about post-harvest technology for fish, meat and poultry, please refer to Post-Harvest Technology Centre.
Post-Harvest Technology for Vegetables & Fruits
SFA provides technical expertise in these areas:
- post-harvest handling
- packaging, quality assessment and assurance of vegetables.
SFA is also active in these areas:
- Improving the quality and extending the shelf life of vegetables in Singapore
- Increasing awareness of good quality vegetables and proper handling practices
- Strengthening the network of vegetable farmers, processors, traders and retailers
- Introducing and promoting cold chain management to the vegetable industry
To learn more about post-harvest technology for vegetables and fruits, please refer to Post-Harvest Technology Centre.