Food Farms

Farm Employment

Agritech Work Permit Scheme

SFA Licensed Farms will qualify for Agritech Work Permit Scheme. Foreign Workers under the Agritech Work Permit Scheme are strictly for farming related works only. Farms on the Agritech Work Permit Scheme are to adhere to Ministry of Manpower (MOM) Conditions of Work Permits.

To apply for foreign workers from MOM, farm need to:

  • Register your entity with Accounting and Corporate Regulatory Authority (ACRA), such as sole-proprietorship / partnership business firms or companies or as limited liability partnership,
  • Open a CPF account with Central Provident Fund Board, and
  • Open a Work Pass account via Work Pass Account Registration (WPAR) at MOM.

Source Countries

Under the MOM’s Agritech Work Permit Scheme, farms can employ foreign workers from the following source countries.

Type of Source Country / Region
Traditional Source (TS) Malaysia
North Asian Sources (NAS) South Korea, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan
Non-Traditional Sources (NTS) Bangladesh, India, The Republic of the Union of Myanmar, Philippines, People's Republic of China (PRC), Sri Lanka, Thailand

Employment Period

The maximum employment period of foreign workers allowed in Singapore are as follows:

Type of Foreign Worker Maximum Employment Period
Unskilled (R2) 14 years
Skilled (R1)* 22 years

*MOM recognise Work Permit holder who has worked in Singapore for at least 4 years and has a fixed monthly salary of at least $1,600, as R1 skilled worker under the Market-Based Skills Recognition Framework. R1 skilled worker will enjoy a lower levy and can be employed for a maximum period of 22 years.

For enquiries on Agritech Work Permit Scheme, kindly email to