3-Step Assessment for the Certification Process
Step 1: Pre-audit assessment
Refer to code of practice in the Handbook on GAP-VF Certification (Version 2, 30 Nov 2005).
A Chinese Version of the Handbook is also available.
Step 2: Implement the Code of Good Agricultural Practice
In accordance to the Handbook on GAP-VF Certification (Version 2, 30 Nov 2005) or the latest GAP-VF standard.
Step 3: Conduct own internal audit check for compliance to the GAP-VF standard requirements
To conduct self-assessment of the farm's readiness for certification prior to the application or renewal of the GAP-VF Certification.
- completed Application Form for GAP-VF Certification
- authorisation letter from farm licensee (if applicant is not the farm licensee) together with the following documents (items a - d for new applicant only)
- NRIC of applicant and GAP-VF Co-ordinator
- Farm Licence
- Pesticide Operator Certificate
- RCB Profile (applicable to Company)
- Documents for Pre-audit Assessment
Submit these items to:
Agri-Food & Veterinary Authority of Singapore
Horticulture Technology Department,
Lorong Chencharu, Sembawang Research Station
The submission of application indicates your agreement with the certification process. We will make arrangements to conduct the farm audit assessment within a month after the application form is received.
Time period to complete certification process
The certification process should be completed:
- within 6 months from the point of receipt of new application
- before the expiry date of the certificate (within 3 months for renewal)
- complete the certification process within the specific time frame
- attain the certificate award (informed by post on the outcome of the certification process)
- In such cases, you have to re-apply for certification with full payment. For unsuccessful cases within the grace period, you can appeal for a re-audit which includes a site visit. The site visit is charged on an hourly basis.
|Type of Application
||S$500 certification fee (non-refundable)
||S$250 certification fee (non-refundable)
||Hourly charge rate of S$101 (inclusive of GST) based on duration of farm visit.
The fees are subject to change from time to time.
Payments can be made via GIRO and payment will be debited from your designated bank account on the deduction date stated.
If you are not paying by GIRO, payment can be made via the following modes:
- AXS payment at any AXS station located islandwide. Scan the barcode at the bottom of the invoice when making AXS payment.
- Electronic payment. Select option (d) and quote your invoice number.
We will notify you the outcome of the application or renewal once the GAP-VF certification process has been completed.