Good Agricultural Practice for Vegetable Farming (GAP-VF) Certification Scheme
The award of GAP-VF certification is given, subject to the consideration of SFA, upon the fulfilment of the conditions of the certification system and scheme i.e. compliance to the Standards of Good Agricultural Practice pertaining to farm location, structure, environment and maintenance, farming practices and farm management.
This e-Service will take you about 10-20 minutes to complete.
The certification process should be completed within 6 months from the point of receipt of new application or before the expiry date of the certificate (within 3 months for renewal). Application will lapse should the farm fail to complete the certification process within the specific time frame, or fail to attain the certification award. In such cases, the farm has to reapply for certification with full payment. For failed cases within the grace period, the farm can appeal for a re-audit comprising a site visit at an hourly charge fees basis.
Before application, you need to:
- Understand the requirements of GAP-VF Certification and
- Implement the Good Agricultural Practice standard as stipulated in the Handbook on GAP-VF Certification (Version 2, 30 Nov 2005).
Farm should conduct its own internal audit check for compliance to the GAP-VF standard requirements to assess its readiness for certification prior to the application / renewal for GAP-VF Certification.
HOW TO APPLY
Step 1: Fill in the details in the online application form. It may take you 10 – 20 minutes.
Step 2: Provide the following information for new application or changes made to previous submission:
- Authorisation letter from farm licensee, if applicant is not the farm licensee
- NRIC of applicant and GAP-VF Co-ordinator
- Farm Licence
- Pesticide Operator Certificate(s)
- RCB profile (applicable to Company)
- Documents for Pre-audit Assessment
Step 3: Submit them to the Horticulture Technology Department, Agri-Food & Veterinary Authority of Singapore, Sembawang Research Station, Lorong Chencharu, Singapore 769194 or email to TEO_Shuan_Hao@sfa.gov.sg.
A certification fee of S$500 (for new application) and S$250 (for renewal), non-refundable shall be paid at the time of application. The re-audit fee will be based on hourly charge rate of S$101 (inclusive of GST) depending on the duration of farm visit. The charges are subject to change from time to time.
SFA will notify the outcome of the application / renewal following the completion of the GAP-VF certification process.
The certification process involves the transparent evaluation of farming processes / activities and management practices of the farm based on the requirements of GAP-VF.
The submission of application will indicate farm’s agreement with the certification process which includes the following three-step assessments:
- Pre-audit assessment i.e. paper assessment by SFA officers on:
- Farm plan
- Production flow chart
- Written instructions / standard operating procedures of pesticides and fertiliser / nutrients / compost preparations and applications, harvesting, vegetable washing, packing, cleaning processes, workers’ training
- Soil analysis for heavy metals (Cadmium, Chromium, Lead, Mercury), nutrient analysis for heavy metals (for hydroponics system, compost)
- Pesticide operator certificate
- Internal audit check record
(Note: for renewal, please submit relevant documents that update SFA of recent changes of your GAP-VF system within the period of certificate award.)
- A farm audit assessment (i.e. site investigation) for checks against GAP-VF requirements, examination of records on production inputs e.g. seeds, fertiliser and pesticides purchase and application, produce traceability (harvest / delivery / sales), farming and post-harvesting procedures and practices and farm management are in accordance to the GAP-VF standard. Interviews with farm personnel and sampling of farm produce by SFA officers will also be carried out.
- An evaluation by the SFA Certification Approval Committee.
SFA will make arrangements with the farm to conduct the farm audit assessment within a month after application form is received.
If you have further enquiries
Please call the SFA Contact Centre via 6805 2992 or opens in a new windowemail us.
Alternatively, please visit our opens in a new windowContact Info page