The Multi-Ministry Taskforce has announced that as of 13 September 2021, all employees at dine-in F&B establishments (restaurants, cafes, food courts, coffee shops, hawker stalls)* are required to undergo a 7-day FET regime.
This is a step up from the 14-day FET regime (mandatory since 15 July 2021) and includes all full-time and part-time employees, as well as third-party contractor employees (e.g. cleaners) who work at the establishment. The FET regime is regardless of employees’ vaccination status and will be conducted using tests such as antigen rapid test (ART).
The FET regime is in place to further reduce the risk of transmission in settings with unmasked clients/patrons. Failure to comply may result in enforcement action, including prosecution, suspension/closure of operations.
*Staff of food businesses operating only take-outs are not required to be on FET.
Getting on board FET
There are two ways to get on board FET - Employer-Supervised Self-Swab (ESSS) or Quick Test Centres (QTC).
Operators should register on behalf of all staff in your licensed premises, including sublet food shops, cleaners, and part-time staff. Administrative staff not working in the premises are not required to be placed on a FET regime. Please refer to the respective registration details below.
Quick Test Centre (QTC)
While the bulk of the industry will be on ESSS, SFA has identified F&B businesses in the vicinity of QTCs to undergo FET through this alternative venue. However, due to limited capacity, QTCs may not be able to cater to all participants. If you wish to participate in FET via QTCs, kindly register here: https://go.gov.sg/fet-qtc-register
QTC Forms for F&B Establishments
- If you are no longer working in F&B, please use the QTC de-registration form to remove your details from the system: https://go.gov.sg/fet-qtc-remove
- To request for a change in QTC location, please also use the QTC registration form: https://go.gov.sg/fet-qtc-register.
(Note that QTC allocation is subjected to availability and we may not be able to cater to your QTC preference if its capacity has reached.)
Employees eligible to be tested at QTCs will be notified via SMS on their registered mobile. They will be informed of the appointment date, time and QTC location. They will test themselves using ART kits under the supervision of staff at QTCs. The appointment date is to be strictly adhered to and walk ins outside the allocated slots may be turned away. The swab result will be sent to employees by SMS.
Please read important FAQs on the QTCs here.
There are currently 17 QTCs available (as of 30 July 2021); more QTCs will be set up progressively:
- Tekka Lane (Little India Bus Terminal), 2 Race Course Road S(218537) - Opposite Tekka Centre
- Yishun Bus Interchange, 20A Yishun Central, S(766830) - Entrance is across the road from Nee Soon East CC
- Pasir Ris Sports Hall Basement Carpark, 120 Pasir Ris Central, S(519640)
- Bishan Sports Hall Basement Car Park, 5 Bishan Street 14, S(579783)
- Jurong West Sports Centre Basement Car Park, 20 Jurong West Street 93, S(648965)
- 509 Jurong West Street 51, Jurong West Function Hall, S(640509)
- 32 New Market Road, People's Park, Level 4 Void Deck, S(050032)
- 75 Marine Drive, Pavillion between Block 74 and 75, S(440074)
- 325A Ang Mo Kio Avenue 3, Pavillion, S(561325)
- 2 Toa Payoh Lorong 7, Pavillion, S(310002)
- MOE Heritage Centre, 402 Commonwealth Drive, S(149599)
- Woodlands Temporary Bus Interchange, Woodlands Square S(737735)
- 528 Ang Mo Kio Ave 10, S(560528), Multi-purpose hall
- Bedok Town Square, Blk 208C New Upper Changi Road, S(463208)
- Punggol Town Square, 85 Punggol Central, S(828726)
- Hougang Central Hub, Blk 814, Hougang Avenue 10 S(530814)
- Tampines Central Pavilion, Blk 506, Tampines Central 1, S(520506)
The operating hours of QTCs are from 10 am to 5 pm, weekdays only (inclusive of Public Holidays). QTCs at sports halls are also open on Saturdays, from 10 am to 1 pm.
Employer-Supervised Self-Swab (ESSS)
Most establishments can participate in FET through ESSS, where ART kits are provided for employees to test themselves under the supervision of an appointed swab supervisor. The results are to be uploaded every 7 days on the Swab Registration System (SRS).
The appointed swab supervisors will need to undergo training provided by HMI Institute on using the ART kits and supervising staff’s self-swabs. The costs of the ART kits and training will be borne by the Government until 31 December 2021.
Appointing Swab Supervisors
The appointed staff is required to:
- (For supervisors above 50 years old) Be fully vaccinated, i.e. received both vaccinations from the national vaccination programme, with the second dose received at least 14 days before the date of registration with HMI institute.
- Complete a 4-hour online training programme on supervising others in self-swabbing at HMI Institute.
- Have an internet-accessible mobile phone.
Swab supervision can be done either on-site at the workplace or via video conferencing The same supervisor can be nominated across different outlets. However, physical cross-deployment of swab supervisor is prohibited.
Getting on board ESSS
- Register the company by appointing Company Administrator to fill in the registration form*. (Guide)
- Register up to 2 appointed Swab Supervisors for training with HMI Institute**. The available training dates and time slots are reflected on the event page.
- Once the Swab Registration System (SRS) account is ready, an email will be sent to the email address used to register the company.
*Please do not fill in the registration form if you are participating in FET via QTC.
**For all queries related to course completion certificates, please email HMI at email@example.com.
Collection of ART kits
4. A notification will also be sent by email and SMS (to the registered mobile number) once the ART kits are ready for self-collection.
SRS profile setup
5. Staff on the FET regime are required to have individual SRS profiles. To create a profile, the Company Administrator is to upload each staff’s information on SRS (SRS Guide, slides 5 – 9).
Conducting self-swabs and uploading ART results
6. There are two ways to upload ART results:
- Swab Supervisor to scan each staff’s personalised QR code and upload the ART results.
- Company Administrator to bulk upload ART results.
Refer to the SRS Guide for more details.
Replenishment of ART kits
7. From 13 to 27 September 2021, due to the change in testing requirements from a 14-day cycle to a 7-day cycle, HPB will push out 2 months’ worth of ART kit supplies to companies who have uploaded test results on SRS.
- It is a prerequisite to have test results uploaded into SRS in order to continue receiving subsidized test kits from the government.
- You will no longer be required to reorder your test kits via the appointed vendor Park & Parcel (PnP) as PnP will assist to deliver your test kits automatically.
If you require any adjustments to your staff strength, change of company Point of Contact (POC) etc., please use this form: https://go.gov.sg/fet-kits.
Follow up actions if a staff tests Antigen Positive (AG+)
If a staff’s ART result is positive or twice invalid, please print out and adhere to the following guidance from MOH for a confirmatory COVID-19 Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR) test.
As employer or swab supervisor, issue a referral note and arrange for private transport to the nearest SASH PHPC immediately for a confirmatory PCR test. Please call the PHPC clinic for an appointment before heading to the clinic. The staff should bring his/her NRIC/FIN and referral note (signed by the employer or swab supervisor) for verification.
If a staff’s ART result is positive or invalid, the staff is to return to the QTC for a confirmatory PCR test.
It is a legal requirement to go for a confirmatory PCR test and self-isolate until you receive a PCR negative result.
Please fill this form to inform SFA of your staff’s AG+ result OR if an erroneous submission of a AG+ result was made on the Swab Registration System.
For more information on the FET regime, please refer to:
For all queries, please quote your UEN and SFA Licence number and write to SFA_FET@sfa.gov.sg. Thank you for your cooperation in participating in the FET regime.